Saturday, May 15, 2010

More Card Samples

One of my personal goals, and the goals as I lead my card club is to learn and teach new techniques.  So for this fun little 3x3 card.  I used Dusty Durango Textured card stock, Not Quite Navy Card and Very Vanilla Card Stock. Not Quite Navy Stamp Pad and a Rhinestone brad.  I used, once again, the "With All My Heart" Stamp Set.  But for the Image I used the "Baby wipe Technique.  Super fun!  My girls LOVED it.! Its a really SUPER easy technique.  Lets see if I can explain it.  Set out a piece of plastic on your workspace and place a baby wipe over it.  Drop several drops of Ink Refill drops randomly over the center of the wipe.  Repeat this with several colors.  The colors will start to 'bleed' together. That's perfect!  This becomes your stamp "pad".  Some things I learned is that normally, stampers will dab their stamp all over their "usual" stamp pad to get their stamp covered in ink.  Try NOT to do that with this technique.  Also, I would sort of try out different areas on my baby wipe, to see where I liked the best color combination. Make sure you clean your stamp each time! Don't be afraid to experiment with the choice in inks.  While I don't remember for sure which colors I used, I think I had, So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Taken with Teal, and Ballet Blue while I was experimenting with this card.   

This was one of my Valentine's Cards i designed. I used Pixie Pink, Orchid Opulence and Whisper White card stock, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, staple, The Scallop Trim Punch from Sale-a-Bration, and the Super cute I {Heart} Heart Stamps (I started getting clear mounted stamps!!) I used the Pink Passion, Pixie Pink and Versamark Inks




















For this card, I  used Rich Razzleberry Card stock, Razzleberry Lemonsade Designer Paper, Embossing powder, black ink, Chocolate Chip ink, Old Olive Ink, and Rich Razzleberry Ink. All the stamped images, inside and outside are heat embossed.  I used the Things I Love stamp set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment